Some Birds Aren't Meant to be Caged

"You were only waiting for this moment to arrive...."
Blackbird- The Beatles

It's funny how I out flew out of one cage right into another. 
Yes, the new cage was shiny and promising, but it attracted other fowl and soon became crowded.
I was kicked out of the nest. 

Heading out solo on the Western States trails for training weekend was a true blessing in disguise.
From the time my feet hit the legendary soil the heaviness in my chest dissipated, and I began to breathe easily again.  The ethereal beauty of every mile filled me with a tremendous sense of gratitude for the strong body that moved me through this perfect space- at this perfect time.  With each climb my confident soul knocked at my heart space, and I let it in.  With each thrilling decent I allowed my childish spirit to play.  I breathed in the light and peace of other like minded tribe members, accepting their energy like a vacuum.  And God showed me love. 

In Rita Hayworth and the Shawshank Redemption, Stephen King tells us that "Some birds are not meant to be caged.  Their feathers are too bright and their songs are too sweet and wild." 
Flying again, I found the love I'd lost in me.
There's no turning back now, the bold taste of freedom is too strong.  Too tempting.   
Wait until you see how big my brave is. 

Comments

Popular Posts