Thank you consequence

" I can turn it on
Be a good machine

I can hold the weight of worlds
If that's what you need
Be your everything....but I'm only human.
"

Christina Perri

I got the email and I knew I had fucked up.  She used words like "I'm disappointed" and "you said you would..." 
I said I would, and I didn't.  I honestly forgot- but that doesn't matter. I disappointed someone. I made a mistake, and those sinking feelings squeezed my gut and my heart.  
My first reaction was to be defensive and to come up with excuses for my inadvertence, but I had nothing.  She was right.  I was wrong, and I had to just admit it. 

I've been so lucky to work with really great managers who have taught me that we all make mistakes, but it is our REACTION to the problem that makes the difference.  When we are being confronted, sometimes by very irritated people, we can sit back, choose empathy, ask for forgiveness and try to make it right.  

So I admitted my wrong.  I let her know how I would do things differently next time.  I fixed the problem and did extra work at no charge.  
How she will react is her choice, but I feel better knowing that I was able to put on my big girl panties and admit my mistake.

We can live in love, or we can live in fear.  
I choose love.   








Comments

Popular Posts