My Third Eye Needed a Contact Lens



It happened one fateful night about 5 years ago.  I was driving to a work event on a dark and stormy evening, my hands a vice on the steering wheel as I squinted to see the road ahead of me.  I was overcome with deep sense of fear and knowing.  Dammit! It was time to make an appointment with the eye doctor. 

Now I have a pair of glasses, and contacts as well.  You would think that I would actually wear them since I spent a small fortune to get the ones I thought made me look cool, but the reality is that I can see things up close really clearly. It's further away objects like signs and screens that are pretty fuzzy, and its such a pain in the ass taking the glasses on and off, or wearing them when I'm active.  

The contacts were pretty much a complete bust. Once I finally figured out how to put them in without poking myself in the eyeball, I couldn't see things close up at all.  My doctor suggested that wearing one contact in my right eye should do the trick- and to try that. I tried it, but I couldn't see my phone (to read Facebook posts), so my contacts have pretty much been in the cabinet under the bathroom sink for the last three years. I throw my glasses on every once in a while when I need to see a presentation at work, or want to watch a movie, but that has been about it.  

One day last week, while peering in the mirror and contemplating Botox, I heard a voice whisper.  "Try putting the contact in your left eye you dummy." 
My first thought was "but that's not what the doctor said to do!" 
Fortunately, my second thought was "What the hell, it couldn't hurt." 
So I spent a good 20 min trying to make it stick to eyeball on the left, BUT WHEN I FINALLY GOT IT IN IT WORKED!  I could see far away AND up close! I did a John Travolta- 70's style happy dance that should never be spoken of again, but wow!  I could see! It was an Oprah "aha" moment. Apparently my THIRD eye was showing me how set in my ways I had become; coaxing me to see things a little differently for a change. " Is it possible that you are looking at it from the wrong angle?" it asked.

According to the website chakrasinfo.com, "The 3rd eye chakra is the sixth chakra.  Located on the forehead, it is the center of intuition and foresight.  The function of the 3rd eye chakra is driven by the principle of openness and imagination.  It is the chakra of seers, motivation, intuition and creativity.  Imbalance in this chakra causes feelings of being stuck, not being able to realize a vision for oneself, not being able to see the bigger picture, and lack of clarity."  

It turns out that I've been needing two contact lenses after all- one for my left eye, and the other for my third eye.  Feeling stuck and doing the same old boring thing because it felt safe, I was lacking a sense of purpose.  With faulty vision, I tried a few things that up close seemed to be the clear choice; but life was still blurry, and not what I envisioned.
That's when I hired Donna to be my wellness coach.

Donna Thomas has a very clear 6th sense and her third eye chakra is wide open.  She reminded me to put a lens back on that third eye, and to look inward and observe my soul.  At her advice, I began meditating again, where I imagined myself not only getting back outdoors, but also helping others to find the healing power of nature that I so strongly believe in. I also saw that it was time to create- take my brain off of the shelf, dust it off and open it up!  And as I look to my future with 20/20 vision, I know it's time to start writing again.  

I'm getting older, but not to stubborn to admit that my eyes need a little help to see.  Thank you Donna for being my gentle guide on this path of self realization and discovery.  Is it time for you to go see the eye doctor too? 

 








 

Comments

Popular Posts