Standing still


“We can make our minds so like still water that beings gather about us, that they may see their own images, and so live for a moment with a clearer, perhaps even with a fiercer life because of our quiet.”  William Butler Yates

I’ve been ordered to be still.  To relax.  To heal. 

Stillness, foreign to me brings on feelings of uncertainty.   Insecurities sting my jittery, twitchy body.  I miss the gentle lullaby of movement, for with it brings clarity, passion, and progress.  In movement, I’m rewarded with my exhaustion.  With movement, I am alive. 

Yates claims “that stillness can make us live for a moment with a clearer, fiercer life because of our quiet.”  
 Forced times of stillness make us more appreciate our ability to move.  We are reminded to be thankful for our strong bodies.  We more appreciate opportunity, and when we are able to move freely again we are blessed with energy and power.    

To everything there is a season.  For a week I will practice stillness to come back fierce. 

Comments

  1. rest??? what's that??? LOL.
    great post - i love it!!!

    bens-running-mis-adventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts