I don't give a rat's ass about Gwyneth Paltrow's "Slim Body Secrets"


You're insecure, Don’t know what for,
You're turning heads when you walk through the door,
Don't need make-up, to cover up,

Being the way that you are is enough.
Right now I'm looking at you and I can't believe.....
You don't know you're beautiful,
That's what makes you beautiful.

One Direction

 The April issue of SELF magazine made me throw up in my own mouth.

Maybe I’m just getting old; but its cover promise of “waking up gorgeous, melting 10 lbs. of belly fat, and a toned butt and thighs,” really made me think about how much our ego plays into our psyche.    

Why do we spend so much time and energy trying to change ourselves? 
Because we believe we would be happier if we dropped 10 lbs? 
Because we believe someone would love us more if there were no dark circles under our eyes? 

I’m a HUGE promoter of health and wellness.  I believe in being healthy and strong so you can climb to the top of Pikes Peak to see the breathtaking view.  I believe in self-confidence and athleticism so that you can take in the Grand Canyon from Rim to Rim (and back).  I believe in sweaty yoga that feels like the best massage, and the exhilaration of flying down a hill on your bike at 40 mph.

However, I know that finding the right moisturizer to look younger or following Gwyneth Paltrow’s plan for slim body secrets” will give you a complex- not inner strength. 

Tara Grady once said, “A person is only beautiful, when their own beauty, is reflecting onto others.”  I’ve seen this beauty.  It is striking and vibrant.  It can be seen with your eyes, and felt with your heart.   It has muscles and guts and vigor. 
I wish more magazines would share about the light from within.  Then we would all be truly beautiful inside and out.

Comments

Popular Posts