You're An Ironman! So what?

"I am Ironman.
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all
or if he moves will he fall?
Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head?
We'll just pass him there 
Why should we ever care?"
Black Sabbath

I trained so hard for this race.  3-8 hours a day actually.
Between my new job and this training cycle, I might as well have set up a tent at Life Time Fitness.
Ridiculous really.....
But I am an Ironman.

My apartment- a mess.
My relationships- void.
I have not been present as a coach, mom or girlfriend.....
But I am an Ironman.

I shook for two hours after every cold, open water swim,
Ran on the most hot and humid days.
I talked to myself for hours on lonely bike rides-
and have paid for my chiropractor's Mercedes Benz.....
But I am an Ironman.

I have been unsure
unavailable
and unhappy at times.....
But I'm an Ironman.

But  you see- I have overcome my FEAR of the open water
and am in the best shape of my life.
I am strong and persistent.
I'm stubborn, resilient and confident.
I have self discipline, laser focus and a competitive nature.

I expect the best from myself,
and I love my sport ( all three of them).

I am an Ironman-
and I am proud.











Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts