Unless life also hands you sugar and water, your lemonade is going to suck

"I'm just so broke you won't believe
Can't get a dollar out of me And as far as I can see I'm losing control like a bad disease No I just can't get relief I've been shot down by the life police And everyday I try to rise But I can't succeed Can anybody find a cure for me? You can be bitter, bitter, bitter Or you can be better, better, better"
Alex Boye- Lemonade


We've all heard the quote "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade."
Well, unless life hands you sugar and water too, your lemonade is going to suck.

Wouldn't that be awesome?  If you could just take your rotten and sour life and turn it into something sweet and delicious?  After that you can do your needlepoint, cake decorating and tea- rose arranging in June Cleaver fashion and just completely ignore the fact that you've been poisoned!

Lemons suck.  They are sour and acidic.  They leave a lingering, acrid aftertaste that doesn't just go away.
Lemons just piss you off, leaving you feeling angry and uninterested.

But if you have sugar and water too- Ah, that's a different story.  Sugar is pleasurable and passionate.  Sugar is delicious. Sugar dances lustfully on your tongue.
And water.  Water is life. Water is sustenance.  Water washes the sadness away.
Sugar and water together?  They complement the tart lemon, leaving you surprisingly refreshed.

When life gives you lemons- it's time find someone who can loan you a bit of water and sugar.
They are the ones that will always make your life sweeter.








Comments

Popular Posts