Try the meditation. It's delicious.

"The thing about meditation is:
you become more and more you."
David Lynch


When you're floundering in the sea of anxiety you have two choices:
 sink or swim. 
It became clear that I was sinking when I felt work suffocating me, panic strangled  my relationships, and I choked on basic decision making.  I knew I better roll over and start doing the backstroke, or I would surely drown
.
I had an initial appointment with a therapist which went ok, but I kept hearing and reading about a technique called transcendental mediation- and I am a true believer that if you keep hearing or reading about something- you really should listen and check it out.  After going to the initial introductory class I knew this was something I wanted to explore, but I'm not going to lie, it was a bit much for my budget.  I had a choice.....2 months of therapy once a week, or 4 days of TM class. 
I chose meditation, and after only one week of 20 minutes twice a day, I am a believer. 

The TM technique is super easy.  The Mayo Clinic describes TM as " a simple, natural technique... This form of meditation allows your body to settle into a state of profound rest and relaxation and your mind to achieve a state of inner peace, without needing to use concentration or effort.
Thoughts come and go, and that's ok.  You're allowed to look at the clock every once in a while to see how you are doing on time.  You don't have to sit in a fancy pretzel position, and you are allowed to scratch your itch. 
I'm the girl who can't sit still- and I am starting to look forward to those restful moments every day. 

Every time you mediate, a layer of stress dissipates. 
I feel lighter and less reactive.   I have witnessed full potential and unlimited energy.  I am running better, sleeping through the night and am genuinely happy.  I know that everything will be ok.  Period. 

David Lynch compares TM to the sweetness of a donut:
"This is a donut.  It is very sweet and good, but if you've never really tasted a donut, you don't know how sweet it is.  Meditation is like that.  Transcendental meditation gives an experience much sweeter than the sweetness of a donut." 

I must admit friends- it's pretty damn tasty.  If  you want a bite, check out this website: 
http://www.tm.org/
 


Comments

Popular Posts