When your body gives you the finger.

"Fall down seven times- get up eight"
Japanese proverb

It's been a nose dive year of racing for me.  Literally.
A freak twisted ankle on an easy 3 mile run right before Bandera lead to my first ever DNF.
The next race I entered landed me with 5 stitches in my right knee and DNF #2.
Most recently, just weeks before Leadville, tendinitis creeped into that same ankle leaving it pissed off and swollen; and I was forced to swallow DNF #3.
3 races- 3 DNFs
.
So...... It makes you wonder what the hell is going on? Why do I keep tripping and falling?
What happened to the agile dance that used to come so naturally? What is my body trying to tell me?

Our ankles hold our entire weight, so perhaps if that load is too much- they simply collapse. . Maybe my left ankle has been holding up the red flag of surrender for 8 months now, and it finally said "Fuck you Jennifer.  I'm done."

We know that fear, insecurity and emotional overload manifests in our body.
I think maybe its time to untwist, redirect, and find a better support system.
Maybe its time to find a more solid ground? 
Or perhaps its time to practice dancing again.......

 





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts