The Magical Powers of Running Shoes

"I always thought of running as just dancing forward."
Tom Hiddleston




My running shoes are magical.

When I first put them on, it was to lose "baby weight", but they showed me that running was so much more than just exercise. 

They introduced me to hardworking, dedicated, like-minded people who inspired me to go farther, run faster and to challenge myself.  I hit the pavements in Dallas, soared through red rocks in Utah, escaped seaside in California, chased flying pigs in Cincinnati, and scrambled up Heartbreak Hill in Boston.

They've lead me through wooded trails so stunning that I thought fairies might pop out at any minute.  I've crossed canyons, climbed mountains and traversed plains.  I've plodded through mud pits, waded through waist-deep rivers and scrambled over jagged rocks. 

I've run with hippies, republicans and the homeless.  I've run alone and with groups. I've run with friends, my kids and my lovers. I've even run with famous people.
 
I've run fast, I've run slow.
I've won and I've lost. 
It's easy, its hard. 
I'm happy, I'm sad.

My running shoes are magical....they always encourage me to take the next step forward.

Comments

Popular Posts