Its a Marathon not a Sprint- My Marriage to Running

" The marathon can humble you." 
Bill Rodgers


Ah running.....

It's been 15 years since we first met at that class at Run On!
In the beginning I remember being cautious and shy.....after all, you took my breath away.....but the more we hung out together the more comfortable I became.

We've been on many adventures over the years, like that time we crossed the Grand Canyon and back arm in arm, or fighting for that finish at Western States.  We've met inspiring people, witnessed many sunrises and sunsets, and even pulled a few all nighters under brilliant stars.   Sharing those experiences with you has given my life purpose and meaning, and I cannot thank you enough.

It hasn't always been easy though.  You've broken my heart, spirit and body more than once; but those times when we separated made me realize how much I really do love you.  There really is no substitute for the way you make me feel.
And the make up sex!

Speaking of our sex life.....so hot and steamy, especially in the summer months!
Sometimes you have to talk me into it, but I always feel better and more close to you after we make love.
I still find you extremely attractive after all these years, and those Tuesday afternoon quickies...well...they keep me smiling for the rest of the day ;)

Now that we're older, there is a lot less pressure to perform and we seem to have come to a comfortable agreement.  I'll take care of my body, and you'll continue to keep those endorphins coming.  Sometimes, we have to make compromises, taking breaks from each other or spending time with other friends...but in the end you know that it's you that I'm coming home to.

Happy anniversary to you- my friend and soulmate.
Here's to many more years of happiness together.





Comments

Popular Posts