The Sexy Project



"Intelligence is the ultimate aphrodisiac." ~unknown

18 months.
Apparently that’s the turning point in the relationship when the texts go from “Hi beautiful.  Sushi date tonight -just me and you?” to “Kid #3 is throwing up,  and by the way I have to catch an earlier flight this evening, so good luck with that.” 

This conversation plays on like a broken record in my memory, and I believe the cause of my divorce was that we truly let ourselves lose that loving feeling to work, kids and all things mundane.  
How is it that we go from “There’s my beautiful bride” to “You left your socks on the floor again,” in a few short years, forgetting that at one time he was the one that gave you butterflies?

One day last week I was going to text my love about all my woes- all the shit I had formulated that was going on that day, but I realized that I hadn’t heard from him in a while, and that he probably was working his ass off too. Instead I texted, “Miss you handsome, can’t wait to see you tonight.”

I call it- The Sexy Project. 
Because here’s the thing, how sexy is it if I complain all the time?  How alluring am I if I just rant about that trash that no one took out?  
You have to admit, it's pretty hard to switch our brains from “the toilet is clogged” to “I want to be naked with you.”

So I’ve developed a 50/50 rule.  50% of the time that I want to text something negative or mundane, I will evaluate its truth or worthiness and try to send a complement instead.
Because I love him, and if we stroke each other’s ego a little bit…
well, you know. ;)   
It's worth a shot.


Comments

Popular Posts