We are not made to be one trick ponies

"My comfort zone is like a little bubble around me, and I've pushed it in different directions and made it bigger and bigger until these objectives that seemed totally crazy eventually fall into the realm of possible."  
Alex Honnold 

I am all over the place.   I've held so many jobs and done so many things that sometimes I'm embarrassed to send my resume for fear that the company will assume I'm not loyal.
My gypsy spirit does get the best of me sometimes;  but if I can say anything about this lifetime on earth so far- I have truly evolved.

That time when I taught school in the poorest of neighborhoods.
The miscarriage.
Giving birth to 3 amazing human beings.
Becoming a coach.
Working with the homeless.
Mistakes.
Divorce.
Helping others to be healthy and to find their strong.
Running.  A lot.
Discovering my own strength.
Letting my ego drive the bus.
Choosing love over fear.
Making shitloads of money. (That hasn't exactly happened yet. Just put that in to see if you were still with me).

Today, I step away from my attachment to my body into a more spiritual path.
Perhaps the 8 limbs of yoga will help me to return to God.
Regardless, once again I find myself stepping out of my comfort zone and as the bubble grows, so do my possibilities.
And so does my happiness.
Pretty sure that's a good thing.





Comments

Popular Posts