One of my guilty pleasures is watching the Food Network. I really admire those who can take food and turn it into delectable art. Today, while folding what seemed like endless mounds of laundry, I escaped in a show called "The best thing I ever ate." During this show, the chefs/hosts tell about the best fried concoctions, Italian meals, desserts, and other foods that they have eaten and where this amazing cuisine can be found. I drool (literally) while watching them describe their favorites with exhaultation, and travel into the world of all things delicious.
The enthusiasm with which they describe the dish is almost comical...it is just food after all, but the passion with which they do it is most definitely contagious. So, inspired by the chefs of the Food Network, today I contemplate some of the things that I think are "the best" in my life.
1. Coffee- couldn't live without it. It's comfort in a cup that I wish I could wrap my hands around all day.
2. Long slow runs- escaping for hours on scenic trails with no worry for pace, or time.
3. Down to earth music with a humanness that I can relate to.
4. A hot bath- It's like being wrapped in a clean, fluffy, weightless towel.
5. Homemade mac and cheese that melts in your mouth and warms your tummy.
6. My rockstar family. They love unconditionally, and are quirky and fun.
7. Sleep. Letting go. Sliding under soft linens and suspending consciousness.
8. A good belly laugh that makes your sides hurt and your eyes water.
9. A thoughtful book that educates and enlightens,
10. Friends who open the door for us to see and feel our own vitality.
For these comforts and blessings I am truly grateful.
Where do you find your bliss?