5 ways to climb your way out of a funk in 24 hours

I have been in a funk for about a month now.   You know what?  I'm not going to lie- It's more than a funk.   I've been miserable.  Work is stressful and overbearing.  I'm barely keeping my head above water.  I've pulled away from those I love the most leaving me bitter and lonely.  I'm not doing yoga or meditation and I've abandoned my spiritual connection with God and the universe.  I've been self absorbed.  Shame on me.  

Luckily, after spending 8 hours in a continuing education class for math teachers  on Saturday, I was gifted with the chance to meet Jorge in Waco, leaving all things stressful in the rear view mirror.
 "For one night," I  told him, " I don't want to think about work. Lets just have fun."
 I realize the definition of "fun" is different for different people.  But here's what I found to help me rise above my state of depression.    Maybe you can try it to.  :)

1.  Surround yourself with people who love you.  The ones who have given you the best days you've ever had.  Amazing people that think you're the shit for the quirky, beautiful mess that you are.  Be with people who believe you are strong enough.  The ones who show you that you matter. The ones who make you giggle until your stomach hurts, and leave you going to bed with a worry free smile on your face. 

2.  Eat real food.  Amazing food.  Food so beautiful  it brings a tear to your eye.  Real cream and butter- Mmmmm!  Opulent wine- ooooh baby!  Fat and sugar- yes!  yes!!!  Take your taste buds to the peak of pleasure until they are full.  And satisfied. 

3.  SLEEP.  Hard.  Dream.  Drool.   Enough said.

4.  Get outside!  Let the sun kiss your face and breathe in the fresh air.  Run until you are hands- on -your- legs gasping at the top of the hill.  Swim through the seaweed.  Jump in the mud.  Whatever makes you feel ALIVE and part of a bigger universe. 

5.  Be Grateful.
To live to love,
To work to play. 
To teach, to learn,
to dance, sing and paint. 
To look into someone's beautiful brown eyes and plant a kiss on their lips. 
Its a miracle.  A blessing. 
Thanks be to God for this crazy, funky life. 



Comments

Popular Posts