Be The Powerhouse

"I am invincible- as long as I'm alive."
John Mayer

 
In the Book of Awakening Mark Nepo tells a story of a woman interviewing for a job, explaining her desperate need for the acceptance of the interviewer.  "She found herself yelping 'Pick me, pick me!' like a puppy in a pound." he claims.

Wow- that I can relate to.  I've lost myself to religion, men, bosses, friends, family....you name it and I've been insecure about it at one time or another.  Yes, I have sinned.  Yes, I have wanted you to want me.  Yes, I have worked 14 hour days for you.  Yes, I have taken care of you.  Yes, I believed your stories.  But finally I understand that it is  MY responsibility to put myself in situations of empowerment.  It's my job to love me.  I'm the true ruler of my destiny.  Period.
Ironically, I've found that my true being shines when I've chosen to push way outside of my comfort zone.

That time when I ran farther than my mind could even fathom.  
That time when I spoke in front of hundreds of people. 
That time that I crossed the Grand Canyon and back.
That time when I said a forever goodbye.
That time when I took my first swim lesson. 
That time when I spent crazy money on a bike.
That time when I walked away.
That time that I was fearless in front of the camera.
That time when I told him that I was in love.

Who made those choices?  Me.  Who did the work?  Me.   
But in my journey to find my power, I find myself yearning to give others the strength and encouragement to be fearless and strong.
Mary Kay Ash stated,  "Pretend that every single person you meet has a sign around his or her neck that says make me feel important."
What an amazing challenge for us!  When we are lucky enough to find someone who realizes our true potential- someone who values us for the quirky, beautiful mess that we are; it is a blessing which falls like warm rain on the course back to happiness.

How will you find your courage?  How will you find your strong? 
Be the powerhouse.  Be the sunshine.  For it is then that your warmth energizes the world.

Comments

  1. "Wherever you go, no matter what the weather, always bring your own sunshine."

    Anthony J. D'Anjelo

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts