The story behind the pictures


"If you love somebody- set them free."
Sting



5 weeks ago I sat in the church parking lot blubbering....pounding the steering wheel and screaming "I can't do this anymore!  Universe- something has to change!" 
I'd faced another week of struggle.  My bruised heart had taken another hit.  The shackles were on and it seemed there was no escape.

I sobbed until I was snotty nosed and red eyed all the way home, and then did the only thing that felt right at the time.  I got on my bike and rode.  Rode until my lungs burned and my legs ached. Rode until my brain decided to turn itself off.  Rode until that heart muscle began repairing itself.

And upon my return, bone-weary and limp.....I  let go of any expectations I had of others, and instead chose for the first time to love and trust me.  I realized that to find myself again, and to live my passion, I would have to stop depending on people to define my worth.

Ironically, when I realized that I was ok being alone, I miraculously became ok with whatever love others wanted to give to me as well. 
And the caterpillar begins to emerge........

Comments

Popular Posts