Lighting the world with Love

"So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
1st Corinthians 13:3


When I was little, Christmas was momentous .
Our house was decorated in memorabilia from head to toe.   A godlike Santa gifted good little boys and girls  (and of course that would be us!) and our allegiance was always rewarded.
My family made sure the food was bountiful, the presentation was exquisite and the celebration jovial.  My mom loved Christmas, and she always made  sure the day was special.  I always thought Christmas was the most magical day of the year.  It was a time for tradition.  A time of significance.  A time of unadulterated  joy.  

I'll never forget the the first year that Christmas sucked.   My boyfriend had conveniently just broken up with me, my roommates went home for the holidays...and I was alone.  No Santa, no presents, and a baked potato for dinner.  Christmas, I believed, was a hoax.
 
Over the years I've learned that a "Holly, Jolly Christmas" is a myth to many. Moms are still lost to bone cancer at Christmas time.  Babies are still hooked up to monitors in the ICU during the holidays. Those living on the streets have no loved ones to dash through the snow to, and some children still ask why Santa never visits their house.  The "Christmas spirit" is a delusion to them.

But what if we could make people believe in Santa (aka mankind) again? 
The true Christmas Spirit is about giving of yourself to bring the most happiness to others.
I feel so blessed to have parents who taught me that I have a part in creating hope.
I create the celebration. I am Santa Claus.

  In The Book of Awakening Mark Nepo states that "like a candle, our wick of spirit is encased in our being, and when our spirit is touched, we light up until all we know melts and changes shape for the burn of our experience.  In such moments, we become one with what we see and experience an illumination of oneness called love."  Its up to us to create the experience.  It's up to us to love.
 .
Light the world with the oneness of your love this holiday season and into the blessed new year.

Merry Christmas friends :) 





Comments

Popular Posts