My New Year's resolution? Stop trying to fix yourself.

"And when you smile
 The whole world stops and stares for a while
'Cause girl you're amazing

 Just the way you are"
Bruno Mars

For years, I have written New Years Resolutions that I believed would make me healthier, stronger, faster, more organized, patient, loving and happy.  One year it was diet, the next year I would BQ.  In 2011 I swore I would be more organized.  2012 was a year to give fully to others and 2013 was a year for growth and change.
 Its natural that the turning of the calendar allows us to catch a glimpse of hope.  We envision a time to forgive and forget. We close doors and open others.  This is all good.

But this year, I'm taking a different approach.  I read a quote recently by Steve Maraboli that states "Stop trying to fix yourself.  You're not broken.  You are perfectly imperfect and powerful beyond measure."
In my soul- in my essential self, I know I am immaculate.  I recognize that I am a droplet in the universal ocean and that my life has an amazing and distinct purpose.

Do I always understand it?  No.
Do I question it?  Of course.
But this year I choose to BELIEVE that my life is perfectly imperfect just they way it is.  This year I choose to let go and trust that while I may be a beautiful mess, I am not damaged goods.
This year I choose to be powerful beyond all measure, and in return I am free.


Comments

Popular Posts