Efficient Living- no sweat.


"Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right."

The Grateful Dead

As athletes, we strive to use our energy wisely, minimizing the amount of waste or unnecessary effort.  Swimmers glide through the water by concentrating on body position and stroke.
Improved pedal cadence can transform your cycling, and runners do form drills so they can move forward gracefully and effectively.
Efficiency is key to the success of an athlete.

A jillion thoughts always come and go as I swim, but today as I was concentrating on working with the water instead of fighting against it, it occurred to me that lately I haven't been training efficiently for life. I've allowed  junk thoughts and unnecessary worry to permeate my day to day, zapping energy that affects my performance.

It's time to live more efficiently, and for me that means living as Brene' Brown would say, "Wholeheartedly." 
Having:
More passion- less waiting
More feeling- less numbing
More connection- less withdrawal
More ease- and less struggle.
More patience- less agitation
More confidence- and less doubt.

I always read my Daily OM Horoscope- not because I think it will predict how my day will be laid out, but more so because it always has great insight for any day.  Today's entry stated.  "Our lives will unfold as they will.  A measure of the joy of being lies in watching how the journey presents itself.  Be patient- everything that you once worried about will fall into place."

Living with more faith and less worry.
No sweat.











Comments

Popular Posts