Take my breath away

" Watching in slow motion as you turn around and say-
Take my breath away."
Berlin


I've been pining for an experience that leaves me breathless.  
Well, be careful what you wish for, 'cause you just might get it. 
Over the past several months, I've had several episodes of wheezing and choking when I pick up the pace and intensity of my running.  It feels as if I'm suffocating; and until I slow to a walk, I cannot catch my breath. After visiting the doctor today I found it could be one of two things.  
1.  Exercise induced asthma or 
2.  Laryngospasms

Because the symptoms seem to happen while breathing in, not out...she believes it to be the later.  
According to WebMD  "When this happens, the vocal cords suddenly seize up or close when taking in a breath, blocking the flow of air into the lungs. Laryngospasm may be associated with different triggers, such as asthma, allergies, exercise, irritants (smoke, dust, fumes), stress, anxiety or commonly gastroesophageal reflux disease"

I now have an inhaler, which will help to relax the muscles in the airway, but what is even more curious to me why my beloved running has started suffocating me.
Did I abuse you?
Was I too selfish?  
Do I ask for too much? 
Was it my attraction to swimming and biking? 
Or maybe because I lied to you when I said I'd never doing another ultra again?

Running, you were my first real love.  Please take me back.











Comments

Popular Posts