Dear Leadville

"Salaca doo la menthicka boo la bibbidi-bobbidi- boo
Put 'em together and what have you got? 
Bibbidi-bobbidi-boo"
The Fairy Godmother

Dear Leadville-

I knew we would be dancing together, for I walked with you once upon a dream.  
(Besides, I happened to have the extra $315 in my bank account, and that is something that hasn't happened in a long time.)

So-here's the thing.
You scare me.
Your big muscles and quintessential beauty are extremely intimidating.  You're royalty for God's sake!
I hear that you will literally take my breath away.
And you're such a tease with your time cutoff.  After 30 hours my carriage turns into a pumpkin and I become just an ordinary servant girl.

But here, your majesty, is my promise to you:
I will hire a fairy godmother (or 2).
I will work like a slave by day, and practice waltzing at night.
I will show up to the ball sparkling and confident.
And even when I lose my glass slipper at midnight, I will trust that you, and my friends, will help me to find myself.

I, after all, am a mother fucking princess in disguise.
And I believe in magic.



Comments

Popular Posts