This Mess is Actually my Life

"The ache for perfection leaves us isolated and exhausted.  We keep people at arms length, and we keep hustling - trying to reach some ideal that never comes."  
Shauna Neiquist- Present Over Perfect

This mess is actually my life.

The wrapping paper may be disheveled, but I picked the present especially for you;
And the lasagna may be a little soupy, but it's not Stouffers.

Some days I choose to sleep in, but on most days I put it all out there;
and I can tell you about every flaw on my body- while climbing that goddamn mountain.  

There is no budget, but the bills are paid
and no real "plan",  but I'm good at my job and love what I do.

I worry, I ponder, I leave.
I relax, I love, I stay.

This mess is actually my life.
Present over Perfect







Comments

Popular Posts