A love story




This is a story about a boy who won my heart.  A love story.
Lets begin in the middle........

Have you ever been to a hotel where the shower head is so amazing, that you never want to get out?  And every single time you say to yourself "I wish I could have awesome showers like this at home!"
Well, after such a conversation my boy gets on Amazon Prime, orders the shower head and I am now typing this blog in said shower (kidding).  Now here's the big deal about showers for me: The alarm goes off at 3:45 am 5 days a week, and I stumble in the shower to lather myself in peppermint soap to wake my sleepy ass up. I work, workout and return to said shower a tired, sweaty mess.  A good shower is heaven on earth.  My boy understands.

Going back a few months....
Have you ever been to a restaurant where the coffee is noticeably delicious and you think "wow- I wish I could have coffee like this at home?"  Well, guess what?  My boy fires up his phone and we now drink said coffee every single morning.  Coffee to us is pretty much like taking a shot of life for breakfast.  On lazy Sunday mornings we sit, read the paper, and talk with over sized mugs in hand.  Coffee is heaven on earth.  Not only does my boy understand, he presets the coffee pot every evening so its ready for me when I wake up. 

And back to the beginning......
Have you ever asked someones opinion about a book, and they tell you that they have it if you would like to read it and they actually go to the post office and mail it to you?  That's the kind of stuff my boy does, and he follows up with "what did you think?"

He's the one that knows I hate grocery shopping and either goes for me, or comes with me just because.  He's the one that plays phone tag with annoying insurance companies.  He listens to my visionary chatter and encourages me to be true to myself.

The rest of the story is to be determined.....and life isn't always easy, but my hope is that my heart will continue to burst with mindful appreciation every single day.




Comments

Popular Posts