This is your brain on bullshit....

"I could see peace instead of this" 
A Course in Miracles

Ah Tequila- she is sneaky. 
Syrupy and sweet one minute, she is malicious and cunning the next.  
Tequila can take me from 0 to Bitch in less than 45 seconds, so I don't drink too many margaritas; and even though I didn't finish half of the soup bowl of frozen deliciousness the waiter brought us last night- it definitely affected me. 
Not to go into detail, but tequila was telling me to feel jealous and insecure. She wanted me to start a fight over absolutely nothing. She wanted me to be mean.  
However last night as those thoughts began to boil, something clicked.  I was able to understand that those feelings were not the real me. Choosing not to entertain them, I went to bed.   
For some lucky reason, I chose peace.  

So many times, our mind is like tequila, leading us to believe stories that are just not true.  It tricks us into believing that we need to feel anxious or worried. It tells us that we are not enough, or that we need to be fearful.
What if there was another way of looking at it?  What if we could see peace instead?

What if we went outside for some fresh air, or found our breath in meditation?
What if we allowed for communication, or even to step away for a bit if necessary?
What if we chose to be mindful, or to make a change?
What if we chose love over fear?

A Course in Miracles states that "Peace of mind is clearly an internal matter.  It must begin with your own thoughts, and then extend outward.  It is from your peace of mind that a peaceful perception of the world arises." 

Consider that the situation may not be as bad as we think it is. 
Peace is a choice.  


Comments

Popular Posts