Meditation streak- 365 days of No Rules Meditation

"Be still and know yourself as the Truth you have been searching for.  Be still and let the inherent joy of that Truth capture your drama and destroy it in the bliss of consummation.  Be still and let your life be lived by the purpose you were made for.  Be still and receive the inherent truth of your heart."
Gangaji

Ah- that quote.  Doesn't meditation sound delightful?  And the pictures you see of people meditating- they seem so happy and dreamy.....

I’ve read the research, gone to classes, and understand the many benefits of meditation.  I have even experienced some of those moments of exquisite bliss, but for some reason I just haven’t been able to stick to it.  Perhaps because when I first was taught meditation there were rules:

Sit still. 
Don’t think
Ok- today you can think.
Breathe. 
Ignore. 
Don’t fidget.
Don’t fall asleep. 
I said be still…….
And be enlightened.

Thankfully over the years I’ve learned that there is no right or wrong way to meditate, and like exercise, I always feel better when I do. So in the spirit of Nike I have decided to “just do it" 
(but for this challenge, I don't even need shoes!)

I am committing to a meditation streak.  That’s right- 365 days of at least 10 minutes of meditation with journaling of the good, bad, ugly and enlightened. Other than that, there are no rules. 
Morning, midday, evening- whenever I can get it in.
Mindfulness meditation, guided visualization, transcendental, seated, walking…..it’s all good.
Music, no music, screaming kids......all I have to do is just be.  

Today I started with a guided meditation to ring in the New Year- and came to the realization that who I am is someone completely capable. That it’s time to let go of self-doubt, and to stop playing small. That I should say “yes” to opportunity and believe that I am the right person for the job. 
Oh- and that this knee thing is completely temporary and I am not really a crippled piece of crap.    
Pretty good start to 2018 don’t you think? 

I invite you to join me on this journey- would love to hear about your progress, struggles and reflections.
#meditation streak  
Happy New Year!
Namaste J







Comments

Popular Posts