Be Still and Rest

"I am a part of the ebb and flow of the limitless source of life."
Dr. Wayne Dryer

I'm drudging through a fog that does not lift with the rising sun.  With the day, my energy only wanes.  Drained and out of gas I begin to punish myself.  "Why am I so exhausted?  I shouldn't feel this way. This is so not me."  But naps are blanketed in guilt and a low mileage week is spanked with delinquency.  Low motivation has left me apathetic and I spiral in a whirlpool of self condemnation.

Whoa! Its crazy what a recovery week can do to those of us who are used to running away......
But I force myself to be still anyway. 

"Be still, and know that I am God."   In stillness we are bathed in an involuntary wash of reality.  For a while, the storms rage, reality bites and we sit in loneliness.  But if we sit long enough, the storm calms, we receive and replenish, and we once again are reminded that we are never alone.

In stillness we remember that we not only have energy, but we ARE energy.  We find the motivation to move, to give and to love again.
Rest.  Recover.  Breathe.  And get back on the road with a full tank.

Comments

Popular Posts