Thursday, June 11, 2015
The Poor Girls guide to training for an Ironman
"Welcome to the jungle we take it day by day
If you want it you're gonna bleed but it's the price to pay
And you're a very sexy girl that's very hard to please
You can taste the bright lights but you won't get there for free
In the jungle welcome to the jungle
Feel my, my, my serpentine
Ooh, I want to hear you scream"
Guns and Roses
If you signed up for an Ironman- you're already in the hole. Big time.
Here are five tips for training for an Ironman on a poor girls budget:
1. Work where you train. The membership is included, and since you are going to practically live there, you can nap on the leg press machine.
2. Make this THE RACE for the year, and don't travel. You've spent over $800 on one entry. That means 8 less smaller races you do this year, and less miles on American Airlines.
2. Eat beans and rice. The combo makes an inexpensive super food. Be sure to drink up on the water too- its FREE!
3. Train more- party less. That just goes without saying right? 4 am comes really quickly, and margaritas = $$ AND a really crappy run the next day.
4. Be so good that your equipment doesn't matter. You can't afford the Roka Pro Swim Skin or the Cannondale SuperSix Evo Ultimate, so you're going to have to make up for it by being strong, stubborn, and tenacious.
Will it be worth it? Well, that's for you to find out.
You've got this girl. No excuses.