Chill the f*@K out! (warning: contains appropriate language)

"The moment I let go of it was the moment
I got more than I could handle
The moment I jumped off of it
Was the moment I touched down"
Alanis Morissette

Everyone needs that friend.
You know, the one who will listen patiently while you spew words like projectile vomit and your head begins to spin like Linda Blair possessed in The Exorcist. 
That same friend who will then calmly tell you to chill the fuck out.

My brain, so jumbled with "what ifs" and "they did" and "I'm so angry" that I can no longer think straight; as I become a Pac Man rushing back and forth to escape the ghosts chasing me.
My heart, exposed and vulnerable.  Skipping beats to save energy.
My body, worn out and stiff.  Do you think its a coincidence that my current injury is a pain in the ass?

"Jennifer, you just need to relax.  I promise you it's all going to be ok."

Sometimes you just need that friend.  The one who will remind you how blessed you really are.
You know who you are my friend.
Thank you.





Comments

  1. You're very lucky to have that friend!! Stroking feels good, but "chill the fuck out" is the longer term corrective criticism :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts