"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change."

"I get lost in the beauty of everything I see
The world ain't half as bad as they paint it to be
If all the sons and all the daughters stop to take it in
Well hopefully the hate subsides and the love can begin."

One Republic

Last week I got called into the principals office, and yes it IS as scary now as it was when we were kids!
She completely caught me off guard however when she asked me if I was okay, and told me I didn't seem very happy teaching this year.  Her genuine concern touched me; however I was shocked to hear that my internal frustrations were out there and  apparent to everyone.  Lost and confused, I left her office wondering how I was ever going to get my groove back. 


Things always come to you when you need them, and for me it came in the way of a book by Wayne Dyer called "The Power of Intention."  One quote in particular stood out for me:
"Change the way you look at things, and the things you look at will change."
 Dyer believes that what you think about, you attract more of....and over the past year I have had some pretty negative thoughts carrying over into all of my relationships.  Losing  my connection  with The Source, I have also lost myself.   

Dyer believes that when we connect to the power of intention, we make ourselves available to success. For those of you who think this is mumbo-jumbo- just bear with me for a sec, because it's as easy as changing your thought patterns. 
The book states:
"Connectors know things will work out.  
They refuse to think about what can't happen, because they know it will happen.  
They place their thoughts in the things they want instead of what they don't want. 
They know that all things happen for the greater good.
They appreciate all the world and everything in it.  
They have an uplifting effect when they come into contact with people,
 radiating energy and peace.  
They choose to feel good no matter what is going on around them.  
They are inspired and inspiring.
They are exceptionally generous.
People feel loved by connectors, because they're merged with The Source of all life, which is love. "

I know that I have the power of connection, its just a matter of detaching from my ego and remembering my spirit.
With God's help, I re-set my intention on being a source of positive energy,
radiating love.

Comments

Popular Posts